Duct Cleaning in West Dundee
Many local residents in West Dundee have growing concerns about indoor air pollution. Many companies are marketing products and services to homeowners alike offering services to improve indoor air quality. You have likely already seen advertisements, received coupons in your mailbox, or been approached directly by a company offering air ducts cleaning services to improve your home’s indoor air quality.
Speaking in general, duct cleaning involves the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems. These components consist of the supply and return air ducts and registers, condensate drain pans (drip pans), diffusers and grilles, heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, fan motor and fan housing, and the air handling unit housing. If installation isn’t done correctly or regular maintenance hasn’t been attended to, these components can get contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, or other debris. When moisture is added into the situation, the potential for mold growth skyrockets which is very problematic for several reasons. Harmful mold spores could be circulating through your whole home.
If people inside the home are exposed to the scattered particles, they could begin to experience allergic reactions or other symptoms. That’s why you should call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating because we’ll clean all components of your home’s system so you and your family can breathe easier and healthier. Our team of highly-skilled of professionals are knowledgeable and have experience working with all of the most popular brand systems. We have specialized equipment that’s purposely designed to dislodge built up dirt and debris that collects inside the ducts. Then we’ll vacuum out the debris and dispose of it.
If mold is present inside of your home’s ducts, it may be required to use a chemical specifically formulated to kill the mold contaminants. This treatment involves chemical application to the inside of the duct work and the system components associated with the duct work.
It’s difficult to calculate how duct cleaning can be of a benefit to each West Dundee home because it’s not a perfected science. Every home condition is different from one another. Therefore, it’s difficult to generalize about whether or not it would be helpful to you and your West Dundee home. It’s typical for the return register to be dusty as dust-laden air is pulled through the gate, but that doesn’t necessarily indicate that your air ducts are full of heavy accumulations of dust or debris. Registers can easily be removed and vacuumed.
While all of that is good to keep in mind, there is something you should be on the alert for that could indicate that it’s time to get your ducts inspected and cleaned. If household members are experiencing unusual or unexplained symptoms or illnesses, it may have something to do with your home’s indoor air quality. Don’t put off taking action. Call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating and have our team of professionals inspect your vents and ducts for harmful debris accumulations.
Homes with fuel burning furnaces are advised to undergo inspection for proper functioning and servicing before each heating season to reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. We routinely check for this during the duct inspection.
What to Expect From a Duct Cleaning
At Ray’s Plumbing and Heating, we want to meet and exceed your expectations. Your household’s safety matters to us just like it matters to you. You can expect the following while having your home’s ducts cleaned:
- Open access ports or doors to clean and inspect the entire system.
- We will do a complete check of the whole system before cleaning it to make sure that there aren’t any asbestos-containing wraps in the heating and cooling system. However, if asbestos-containing materials are discovered, their handling will require strict procedures and it’s crucial that the area is not disturbed until action from professionally trained contractors can be taken. This is necessary for the safety of all involved.
- Use specialized vacuum equipment that exhausts particles outside the household or use high-efficiency air vacuuming equipment if it exhausts inside the household.
- We will be careful of your home’s property. We’ll take care to protect the carpet and furnishings during the cleaning process.
- We use well-controlled brushing on duct surfaces to work in conjunction with contact vacuum cleaning to dislodge dust and other deposited particles and debris.
- We are careful to only use soft-bristled brushes for fiberglass duct board and sheet metal ducts internally lined with fiberglass.
- We’ll protect the duct work, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes that we used or had to create during the cleaning process. We’ll check to make sure they’re airtight.
By learning the basics about this process, you should now have a general idea regarding what the duct cleaning process involves, but if you have questions, just ask us. We’re ready to answer all of your inquiries and concerns if something seems out of place or if you notice something odd.
Call our team of professionals today and we’ll perform a thorough duct inspection on your home. Let our team help you improve your home’s overall air quality and safety. We are here to serve you and your West Dundee home with all of the duct cleaning services needed. Don’t hesitate to call us today. Let’s schedule your home’s air duct cleaning!