Duct Cleaning in Wayne
Many local homeowners in the Wayne area have growing concerns about indoor air pollution. Several companies are marketing products and services to homeowners alike offering services to improve your home’s indoor air quality. You have probably already seen advertisements, received coupons in the mailbox, or been approached directly by a company offering air ducts cleaning services to improve your home’s indoor air quality.
In general, duct cleaning involves the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems. These components include the supply and return air ducts and registers, condensate drain pans (drip pans), heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, diffusers and grilles, fan motor and fan housing, and the air handling unit housing. If the installation isn’t performed correctly or regular maintenance hasn’t been done, these components can become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, or other debris. If moisture is also present, the possibility of mold growth skyrockets which is very problematic for a plethora of reasons. It can cause harmful mold spores to circulate through your entire home.
If people inside the household are exposed to the scattered particles, they could begin to have allergic reactions or other symptoms. This is why you need to call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating because we’ll clean all components of your home’s system so you and your family can breathe easier and healthier. Our staff of professionally-trained of experts are knowledgeable and experienced in working with all of the most popular brand systems. We have specialized equipment that’s specifically designed to dislodge built up dirt and debris that accumulates inside the ducts. Next, we’ll vacuum out the debris and dispose it.
If mold is detected inside of your home’s ducts, we may need to treat the area with a chemical specifically formulated to kill the mold contaminants. This treatment involves applying the chemical to the inside of the duct work and the system components associated with the duct work.
It’s difficult to assess how duct cleaning may benefit each Wayne home because it’s not an exact science. Everyone’s home condition is different from each other. Because of this, it’s hard to generalize about whether or not it would be helpful to you and your Wayne home. It’s not uncommon for the return register to be dusty as dust-laden air is pulled through the gate but just because of this, that doesn’t necessarily mean that your air ducts are full of heavy accumulations of dust or debris. Registers can easily be removed and vacuumed.
With all of that in mind, there is something you should be aware of that could indicate that it’s time to get your ducts inspected and cleaned. If you or other household members are experiencing unusual or unexplained symptoms or illnesses, it could indicate the poor condition of your home’s indoor air quality. Don’t wait taking action. Call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating and let our team of professionals inspect your vents and ducts for hazardous debris accumulations.
Homes with fuel burning furnaces are especially advised to perform inspections for proper functioning and servicing before each heating season to mitigate the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. We’ll check for this during the duct inspection process.
What to Expect From a Duct Cleaning
At Ray’s Plumbing and Heating, we set a high standard level and strive to exceed your expectations. Your home’s safety matters to us just like it matters to you. The following is what you can expect during the duct cleaning process:
- Open access ports or doors to clean and inspect the whole system.
- We’ll perform a comprehensive check of the entire system before cleaning it to be sure that asbestos-containing wraps aren’t present in the heating and cooling system. However, if asbestos-containing materials are uncovered, it’s crucial that the area is not disturbed until action from professionally trained contractors can be taken. These strict procedures are necessary for the safety of everyone involved.
- Use specialized vacuum equipment that exhausts particles outside the property or use high-efficiency air vacuuming equipment if it exhausts inside the property.
- We’ll be careful with your home’s property. We will take special care to protect the carpet and furnishings while the cleaning process is being performed.
- We’ll use well-controlled brushing on duct surfaces to work in conjunction with contact vacuum cleaning to dislodge dust and other accumulated particles and debris.
- We only use soft-bristled brushes for fiberglass duct board and sheet metal ducts internally lined with fiberglass.
- We will be careful with the duct work, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes that we used or had to create during the cleaning process. We’ll make sure they are airtight.
By reading about the basics of this process, you should have a rough idea about what the duct cleaning process involves, but if you have questions, let us know. We’re here to answer your inquiries and concerns if something seems out of place or if you notice something odd.
Call our staff of highly-trained technicians today and we’ll perform a comprehensive duct inspection on your home’s system. Our crew can help you improve your home’s indoor air quality and overall safety. We are ready to serve you and your Wayne home with all of the duct cleaning services it may require. Do not hesitate to call us today and schedule your home’s air duct cleaning!