Duct Cleaning in Valley View
Many local homeowners in Valley View have growing concerns about their home’s indoor air pollution. There are several companies that are pitching products and services to residents alike offering services to improve your home’s indoor air quality. You may have already read advertisements, had coupons delivered to your mailbox, or even been solicited directly over the phone or in person by a company offering air ducts cleaning services to improve your home’s indoor air quality.
Typically, duct cleaning involves the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems. These components include the supply and return air ducts and registers, condensate drain pans (drip pans), fan motor and fan housing, heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, diffusers and grilles, and the air handling unit housing. If the installation process wasn’t performed right or regular maintenance hasn’t been kept up, these components can become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, or other debris. Add moisture into the equation and the possibility of mold growth is increased. This can be very problematic for a variety of reasons because potentially harmful mold spores can be circulated throughout your entire home.
People inside the home are exposed to these scattered particles and they may experience allergic reactions or other symptoms. That’s why you should call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating because we’ll clean all of the components of your home’s system so you and your family can breathe easier and healthier. Our team of highly-skilled technicians are knowledgeable and experienced in working with all of the most common leading brand systems. We have special equipment that’s tailored to dislodge built up dirt and debris that cakes inside of the ducts. From that point on, we’ll vacuum out the debris and dispose of it.
If mold is detected inside of your home’s ducts, it may be necessary to treat the area with a chemical that’s specially formulated to kill the mold contaminants. This chemical is expertly applied to the inside of the duct work and the system components associated with the duct work.
It’s hard to know how duct cleaning may benefit each Valley View home because each home condition is unique. Therefore, it’s difficult to generalize about whether or not it would be helpful to your Valley View home. It’s common for the return register to be dusty as dust-laden air is pulled through the gate. However, that doesn’t necessarily indicate that your air ducts are full of large deposits of dust or debris. Registers can easily be removed and vacuumed.
However with all that said, there is still something you should look out for that could signal that it’s time to get your ducts inspected and cleaned. If you or other people living in the property begin experiencing unusual or unexplained symptoms or illnesses, the cause could be poor indoor air quality. If you think this could be the cause, don’t wait any longer. Call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating and let our team of professionals inspect your vents and ducts to detect any potentially harmful debris buildup.
Homes that have fuel burning furnaces are especially under recommendation to undergo inspections for proper functioning and servicing before each heating season to avoid possible carbon monoxide poisoning. We’ll check for this routinely during your home’s duct inspection process.
What to Expect From a Duct Cleaning
At Ray’s Plumbing and Heating, we want to earn your business and exceed your expectations with our professional staff and excellent service. Keeping your home safe means a lot to us just as it means a lot to you. You can expect following during the duct cleaning process:
- Open access ports or doors to inspect and clean the whole system.
- We will perform a complete check of the entire system before cleaning it to be sure that there aren’t any asbestos-containing in the heating and cooling system. However, if asbestos-containing materials are discovered, it’s crucial that the site is not disturbed until action can be taken from professionally trained contractors. These strict procedures are necessary for the everyone’s safety.
- Use specialized vacuum equipment that exhausts particles outside the property or use high-efficiency air vacuuming equipment if it exhausts inside the property.
- We will be careful to take care of your property. You can rely on us to take special care to protect the carpet and furnishings during the cleaning process.
- We’ll use well-controlled brushing on duct surfaces to work in conjunction with contact vacuum cleaning to dislodge dust and other accumulated particles and debris.
- We only use soft-bristled brushes for fiberglass duct board and sheet metal ducts internally lined with fiberglass.
- We’ll be especially careful to protect the duct work, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes that we used or had to create during the cleaning process. We’ll double check that they’re all airtight.
By reading about this process, you probably have a general idea about what duct cleaning involves. If you have questions, we are here. We’ll answer your questions and concerns if something seems out of place or if you notice something odd.
Call our professional team of highly-trained technicians today and we’ll perform a complete duct inspection on your home’s whole system. Our team of experts will help you improve your home’s indoor air quality and overall safety. We’re here to serve you and your Valley View home with all of the duct cleaning services it may need. Do not hesitate to call us today and we’ll schedule your home’s air duct cleaning!