Duct Cleaning in Streamwood
A lot of people in the Streamwood area are becoming aware that indoor air pollution is an issue of growing concern. Many companies are marketing products and services are intent on services to improve the quality of your indoor air quality. You have may have come across an advertisement, received a coupon mailer, or been solicited directly by a company offering to clean your air ducts to improve your home’s indoor air quality.
In general, duct cleaning refers to the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems. These components include the supply and return air ducts and registers, heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, grilles and diffusers, condensate drain pans (drip pans), fan motor and fan housing, and the air handling unit housing. These components may become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, or other debris if not installed properly or maintained well enough. When moisture is present, the potential for mold is significantly increased, which is very problematic for health reasons. Spores may be released into your home which may be harmful.
These particles can cause allergic reactions, respiratory problems, or other symptoms in people when they are exposed. When you call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating, we’ll make sure to clean all components of your home’s system so you can breathe healthier with cleaner air. Our technicians are proficient and competent to work with all of the leading brand systems. We have our own specialized equipment to dislodge dirt and debris from ducts. Next, we’ll use our own vacuum to dispose of the debris.
If mold is present in the ducts, we’ll consider applying a chemical to the inside of the duct work and the system components associated with the duct work. This chemical is designed to kill the mold contaminants.
Knowing how duct cleaning can benefit your Streamwood home isn’t exact because home conditions vary. Because of this, it is impossible to generalize regarding if it would be helpful to your Streamwood home. It is normal for the return register to be dusty as dust-laden air is pulled through the gate, but this doesn’t necessarily indicate that your air ducts are full of heavy deposits of dust or debris; the registers can easily be removed and vacuumed.
A common indication that your ducts need to be cleaned is if you or other family members are experiencing unusual or unexplained symptoms or illnesses that you think might be due to your home’s environment. Don’t wait to contact Ray’s Plumbing and Heating to inspect your vents and ducts as there might be some debris deposits, especially harmful mold.
We highly advise that if you have a fuel burning furnace, it should be inspected for proper functioning and serviced before each heating season to prevent the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. We’ll check this as we inspect the ducts.
What to Expect From a Duct Cleaning
At Ray’s Plumbing and Heating, we are dedicated to your satisfaction and safety just like you are. Here’s what you can expect from a duct cleaning:
- Open access ports or doors to allow whole system to be inspected and cleaned
- Thoroughly inspect the system before cleaning to make sure that there are no asbestos-containing wraps in the heating and cooling system. If asbestos-containing materials are present, it will require specialized procedures and should not be disturbed or removed without professionally trained contractors.
- Use vacuum equipment that exhausts particles outside of the home or use high-efficiency air vacuuming equipment if it exhausts inside the home.
- We’ll take extra care to protect the carpet and furnishings during cleaning
- Use well-controlled brushing of duct surfaces in conjunction with contact vacuum cleaning to dislodge dust and other accumulated debris
- We’ll only use soft-bristled brushes for fiberglass duct board and sheet metal ducts internally lined with fiberglass.
- We’ll take special care to protect the duct work, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes that we made or used to ensure they are airtight.
By learning about this process, you now know exactly what we’re doing. So let us know if something is out of place or if you notice anything different.
That being said, take a moment today to call in our professionals to conduct your seasonal duct inspection and ensure the overall air quality and safety of your home. We look forward to serving you and to providing you and your Streamwood home with all the duct cleaning services it needs. Don’t hesitate. Schedule your cleaning today!!