Duct Cleaning in South Elgin
In South Elgin, many homeowners are concerned about the problem of indoor air pollution. Many companies are marketing products and services to homeowners promising to improve indoor air quality. It’s likely you’ve received an advertisement, a coupon in your mailbox, or even been solicited directly by a company offering to clean your air ducts to improve your home’s indoor air quality.
Generally speaking, duct cleaning involves the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems. These components include the supply and return air ducts and registers, heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, condensate drain pans (drip pans), diffusers and grilles, fan motor and fan housing, and the air handling unit housing. If not installed correctly or neglecting regular maintenance, these components can get contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, or other debris. Add moisture into the equation and the potential for mold growth is significantly increased which is very problematic for several reasons. Hazardous mold spores may be circulating in your home.
People inside the property can experience allergic reactions or other respiratory symptoms when they are exposed to the particles. All the more reason why you should contact Ray’s Plumbing and Heating. We’ll clean all components of your home’s system so you and your family can breathe healthier and easier. Our skilled team of professionals are proficient and have experience working with all of the major leading brand systems. We have specialized equipment specifically purposed to dislodge built up dirt and debris from ducts. Then we vacuum out and dispose of the debris.
If mold is detected inside of the ducts, we’ll apply a chemical specifically designed to kill the mold contaminants. This chemical is put inside of the duct work and the system components associated with the duct work.
It’s difficult to understand how duct cleaning can be of a benefit to your South Elgin home because it isn’t an exact science since home conditions are different. Therefore, it is hard to generalize about if it would be helpful to you and your South Elgin home. It’s common for the return register to be dusty as dust-laden air is pulled through the gate, but this isn’t always an indicatation that your air ducts are full of heavy accumulations of dust or debris. Registers can easily be removed and vacuumed.
With that being said, there is something to look for that could mean that it’s time to get your ducts inspected and cleaned. If you or other household members are experiencing unusual or unexplained symptoms or illnesses, it may be related to your home environment and indoor air quality. Don’t hestitate to call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating to inspect your vents and ducts for hazardous debris accumulations.
It is recommended for homes that have fuel burning furnaces, they should be inspected for proper functioning and be serviced before each heating season to avoid the potential for carbon monoxide poisoning. We’ll check this during the inspection of the ducts.
What to Expect From a Duct Cleaning
At Ray’s Plumbing and Heating, we strive to meet and exceed your expectations. Your safety is important to us just as it is to you. Expect the following during a duct cleaning:
- Open access ports or doors to clean and inspect the whole system.
- We’ll perform a thorough check of the system before cleaning to make sure that there aren’t any asbestos-containing wraps present in the heating and cooling system. If asbestos-containing materials are detected, their handling will require specialized procedures. It’s crucial that the area is not disturbed. Professionally trained contractors will be needed for everybody’s safety.
- Use vacuum equipment that exhausts particles outside of the home or use high-efficiency air vacuuming equipment if it exhausts inside the home.
- We’ll be careful of your home’s belongings and protect the carpet and furnishings during the cleaning.
- We use well-controlled brushing on duct surfaces in conjunction with contact vacuum cleaning to dislodge dust and other built up debris.
- We only use soft-bristled brushes for fiberglass duct board and sheet metal ducts internally lined with fiberglass.
- We’re careful to protect the duct work, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes that we used or had to make in the cleaning process. We’ll check to make sure that they are airtight.
Reading about this entire process should give you a pretty good idea of what the duct cleaning process involves, but if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. We’re ready to answer your questions and concerns if something seems out of place or if you notice something odd.
Call our staff of technicians today and we’ll conduct your seasonal duct inspection. It will improve the overall air quality and safety inside your home. We are prepared to serve you and provide your South Elgin home with all the duct cleaning services it needs. Don’t hesitate to call us today to schedule your air duct cleaning!!