Duct Cleaning in South Barrington
In South Barrington, many local residents have growing concerns about indoor air pollution. A lot of companies are marketing products and services to homeowners alike with promises of improving indoor air quality. You’ve probably already seen advertisements, coupons in your mailbox, or even been solicited directly by a company offering air ducts cleaning services to improve your home’s indoor air quality.
Generally speaking, duct cleaning involves the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems. These components consist of the supply and return air ducts and registers, condensate drain pans (drip pans), fan motor and fan housing, diffusers and grilles, heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, and the air handling unit housing. If installation is done incorrectly or regular maintenance hasn’t been kept up with, these components may become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, or other debris. Add moisture into the equation and the potential for mold growth skyrockets which is very problematic for a variety of reasons. Harmful mold spores could be circulating throughout your entire home.
If people inside the home are exposed to the scattered particles, they may experience allergic reactions or other respiratory symptoms. That’s why you need to call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating. We’ll clean all components of your home’s system so you and your family can breathe easier and healthier. Our highly-skilled staff of professionals are knowledgeable and have experience working with all of the major leading brand systems. We have specialized equipment that’s specifically purposed to dislodge built up dirt and debris that collects inside the ducts. Next, we’ll vacuum out the debris and dispose of it.
If mold is discovered inside of your home’s ducts, it may be necessary to apply a chemical specifically formulated to kill the mold contaminants. This treatment involves the chemical application to the inside of the duct work and the system components associated with the duct work.
It’s difficult to guess how duct cleaning can be of a benefit to every South Barrington home because it’s not a perfected science because each home condition is different. Therefore, it’s hard to generalize about whether or not it would be helpful to you and your South Barrington home. It’s typical for the return register to be dusty as dust-laden air is pulled through the gate, but that doesn’t always indicate that your air ducts are full of heavy buildups of dust or debris. Registers can easily be removed and vacuumed.
Keeping all of that in mind, there is something you should be on alert for that could mean that it’s time to get your ducts inspected and cleaned. If your household members are experiencing unusual or unexplained symptoms or illnesses, it may have something to do with your home’s indoor air quality. Don’t speculate about it and put off taking action. Call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating and have our team inspect your vents and ducts for potentially harmful debris accumulations.
It’s highly recommended that homes with fuel burning furnaces undergo inspection for proper functioning and servicing before each heating season to mitigate the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. We will routinely check for this during the duct inspection.
What to Expect From a Duct Cleaning
At Ray’s Plumbing and Heating, we set a high standard and want to exceed your expectations. Your home’s safety matters to us just as it matters to you. You can expect the following during the duct cleaning process:
- Open access ports or doors to clean and inspect the whole system.
- We will perform a complete check of the whole system before cleaning it to make sure that there aren’t any asbestos-containing wraps in the heating and cooling system. If asbestos-containing materials are found, their handling will require strict protocols. It’s crucial that the area is not disturbed. Action from professionally trained contractors will be needed for the safety of all involved.
- Use specialized vacuum equipment that exhausts particles outside the home or use high-efficiency air vacuuming equipment if it exhausts inside the home.
- You can count on us to be careful of your home’s property. We’ll protect the carpet and furnishings during the cleaning process.
- We have well-controlled brushing on duct surfaces to work in conjunction with contact vacuum cleaning to dislodge dust and other built up particles and debris.
- We’re careful to only use soft-bristled brushes for fiberglass duct board and sheet metal ducts internally lined with fiberglass.
- We’ll make sure to protect the duct work, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes that we used or needed to make during the cleaning. We’ll double check to be sure that they are airtight.
By learning about this entire process, you should now have a rough idea of what the duct cleaning process involves, but if you have questions, just ask. We’re prepared to answer all of your questions and concerns if something seems out of place or if you notice something odd.
Call our team of technicians now and we’ll perform a seasonal duct inspection on your home. We can help you improve your home’s overall air quality and safety. We are prepared to serve you and your South Barrington home with all of the duct cleaning services it requires. Do not wait. Call us today to schedule your home’s air duct cleaning!