Duct Cleaning in Keeneyville
Many locals residing in Keeneyville are having growing concerns about their home’s indoor air pollution. There are a lot of companies that are marketing products and services to residents alike peddling services to improve your home’s indoor air quality. You may have already seen advertisements, received coupons in your mailbox, or been solicited directly over the phone or in person by a company offering air ducts cleaning services to improve your home’s indoor air quality.
As a general matter, duct cleaning involves the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems. These components include the supply and return air ducts and registers, condensate drain pans (drip pans), diffusers and grilles, fan motor and fan housing, heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, and the air handling unit housing. If the installation process wasn’t done correctly or regular maintenance isn’t up to date, these components can get contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, or other debris. If moisture is present, the possibility of mold growth is increased which can be very problematic for a number of reasons. It can cause potentially harmful mold spores to circulate throughout your whole home.
If people inside the home are exposed to the scattered particles, they may experience allergic reactions or other symptoms. This is why you should call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating because we’ll clean all of the components of your home’s system so you and your family can breathe easier and healthier. Our crew of highly-trained professionals are skilled and experienced in working with all of the most common brand systems. We have special equipment that’s designed to dislodge built up dirt and debris that collects inside of the ducts. From that point, we’ll then vacuum out the debris and dispose it.
If mold is found inside of the home’s ducts, we may have to treat the area with a chemical that’s specially formulated to kill the mold contaminants. The chemical is applied to the inside of the duct work and the system components associated with the duct work.
It’s difficult to know how duct cleaning may benefit each Keeneyville home because everyone’s home condition is different. Therefore, it’s hard to generalize about whether or not it would be helpful to you and your Keeneyville home. It’s very typical for the return register to be dusty as dust-laden air is pulled through the gate but that doesn’t always mean that your air ducts are full of large deposits of dust or debris. Registers can easily be removed and vacuumed.
Bearing all of that in mind, there is something you should be on the lookout for that could signal that it’s time to get your ducts inspected and cleaned. If you or other family members living on the premises are experiencing unusual or unexplained symptoms or illnesses, it could due to the poor condition of your home’s indoor air quality. If you think this could be the case, don’t wait to call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating. Let our team of professionals inspect your vents and ducts for potentially harmful debris accumulations.
Homes that have fuel burning furnaces are particularly advised to undergo inspections for proper functioning and servicing before each heating season to reduce any risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. We’ll check for this routinely during the duct inspection process.
What to Expect From a Duct Cleaning
At Ray’s Plumbing and Heating, it is our goal to exceed your expectations with our top notch service. Keeping your home safe matters to us just as it matters to you. The following is what you can come to expect during the duct cleaning process:
- Open access ports or doors to clean and inspect the entire system.
- We’ll do a thorough check of the whole system before cleaning it to be sure that asbestos-containing wraps aren’t found in the heating and cooling system. However, if asbestos-containing materials are present, it’s imperative that the area is not disturbed until action from professionally trained contractors can be taken. These strict protocols are needed for the safety of everybody involved.
- Use specialized vacuum equipment that exhausts particles outside the home or use high-efficiency air vacuuming equipment if it exhausts inside the home.
- We’ll be careful with your property. Count on us to take special care to protect the carpet and furnishings while the cleaning process is being performed.
- We only use soft-bristled brushes for fiberglass duct board and sheet metal ducts internally lined with fiberglass.
- We’ll use well-controlled brushing on duct surfaces to work in conjunction with contact vacuum cleaning to dislodge dust and other deposited particles and debris.
- We’ll be mindful to protect the duct work, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes that we used or had to create during the cleaning process. We’ll be sure they are all airtight.
As you have read more about this process, you should have a general idea about what the duct cleaning process involves. If you have questions, we’re ready to answer your inquiries and concerns if something seems out of place or if you notice something odd.
Call our team of highly-skilled professionals today and we’ll perform a thorough duct inspection on your home’s system. Our team of technicians can help you improve your home’s indoor air quality and overall safety. We are here to serve you and your Keeneyville home with all of the duct cleaning services it needs. Don’t hesitate to contact us today to schedule your home’s air duct cleaning!