Duct Cleaning in Hanover Park
Most people in Hanover Park are now aware that indoor air pollution is an issue of growing concern and increased awareness. Many companies are marketing products and services are intended to improve the quality of your indoor air. You have may have seen an advertisement, received a coupon mailer, or been approached directly by a company offering to clean your air ducts as a means of improving your home’s indoor air quality.
Duct cleaning generally refers to the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems. These components include the supply and return air ducts and registers, grilles and diffusers, heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, condensate drain pans (drip pans), fan motor and fan housing, and the air handling unit housing. If not installed properly or maintained well enough, these components may become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, or other debris. If moisture is present, the potential for mold is heavily increased, which is very problematic for health reasons. Hazardous spores may be released into your home.
Some of these particles can cause allergic reactions or other respiratory symptoms in people when they are exposed. When you contact Ray’s Plumbing and Heating, we make sure to clean all components of your home’s system so you can breathe healthier and easier. Our professionals are skilled and competent to work with all of the leading brand systems. We have our own specialized equipment to dislodge dirt and debris from ducts. Then we use our own vacuum to dispose of the debris.
If mold is present in the ducts, we might recommend applying a chemical, designed to kill the mold contaminants, to the inside of the duct work and the system components associated with the duct work.
Knowing how duct cleaning can benefit your Hanover Park home is quite limited since every home condition is different. Because of this, it is impossible to generalize about if it would be helpful to you and your Hanover Park home. It is normal for the return register to be dusty as dust-laden air is pulled through the gate, but this does not indicate that your air ducts are full of heavy deposits of dust or debris; the registers can easily be removed and vacuumed.
A common indicator that you need to get your ducts need a cleaning is if you or other household members are experiencing unusual or unexplained symptoms or illness that you think might be related to your home environment. Don’t hesitate to call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating to inspect your vents and ducts as there might be some debris deposits.
We highly recommend that if you have a fuel burning furnace, we should inspect it for proper functioning and service before each heating season to prevent potential carbon monoxide poisoning. We’ll do this as we are inspecting the ducts.
What to Expect From a Duct Cleaning
At Ray’s Plumbing and Heating, we strive to meet your satisfaction. Your safety matters to us. Here’s what you can expect during a duct cleaning:
- Open access ports or doors to clean and inspect whole system.
- Thoroughly check the system before cleaning to ensure that asbestos-containing wraps aren’t present in the heating and cooling system. If there are asbestos-containing materials, it will require specialized procedures and must not be disturbed or removed without professionally trained contractors. This is imperative for everyone’s safety.
- Utilize vacuum equipment that exhausts particles outside of the home or use high-efficiency air vacuuming equipment if it exhausts inside the home.
- We’ll take special care to protect the carpet and furnishings during the cleaning.
- We use well-controlled brushing on duct surfaces in conjunction with contact vacuum cleaning to dislodge dust and other built up debris.
- We only use soft-bristled brushes for fiberglass duct board and sheet metal ducts internally lined with fiberglass.
- We’ll be especially careful to protect the duct work, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes that we used or had to make. We’ll ensure that they are airtight.
By reading about this whole process, you’ll have a better idea of what we’re doing. So, if you have any questions, just let us know if something seems out of place or if you notice anything different.
With that said, take a moment today to call in our staff of professionals to conduct your seasonal duct inspection and make sure the overall air quality and safety of your home is the best it can be. We look forward to serving you and to providing you and your Hanover Park home with all the duct cleaning services needed. Don’t wait. Call to schedule your cleaning today!!