Duct Cleaning in Bartlett
Several homeowners in Bartlett are aware of the growing concern of indoor air pollution. Many companies are marketing products and services with promises to improve indoor air quality. It’s likely you’ve seen an advertisement, received a coupon in your mailbox, or even been approached directly by a company offering to clean your air ducts to improve your home’s indoor air quality.
Duct cleaning generally involves the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems. These components include the supply and return air ducts and registers, heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, diffusers and grilles, condensate drain pans (drip pans), fan motor and fan housing, and the air handling unit housing. If not installed properly or well maintained, these components can get contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, or various debris. If moisture is involved, the potential for mold growth is heavily increased. This can be very problematic for several reasons because hazardous spores may be circulating in your home.
These particles can cause people to experience allergic reactions or other respiratory symptoms when they are exposed. When you contact Ray’s Plumbing and Heating, we’ll make sure to clean all components of your home’s system so you and your family can breathe healthier and easier. Our team of technicians are trained and have experience working with all of the leading brand systems. We have specialized equipment specifically designed to dislodge dirt and debris from ducts. Then we vacuum and dispose the debris.
If mold is detected in the ducts, applying a chemical designed to kill the mold contaminants might be necessary. This chemical is applied to the inside of the duct work and the system components associated with the duct work.
Understanding how duct cleaning can be of a benefit to your Bartlett home isn’t an exact science since every home condition is different. Therefore, it is difficult to generalize about if it would be helpful to you and your Bartlett home. It’s normal for the return register to be dusty as dust-laden air is pulled through the gate, but this doesn’t necessarily indicate that your air ducts are full of heavy deposits of dust or debris; the registers can easily be removed and vacuumed.
However, there is something to look for that could indicate that you need to get your ducts cleaned. If you or other household members are experiencing unusual or unexplained symptoms or illnesses, it could be related to your home environment and air quality. Don’t wait to call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating to inspect your vents and ducts for harmful debris deposits.
We highly advise that if your home has a fuel burning furnace, it should be inspected for proper functioning and be serviced before each heating season to prevent potential carbon monoxide poisoning. We’ll check this while we inspect the ducts.
What to Expect From a Duct Cleaning
At Ray’s Plumbing and Heating, our goal is to meet your satisfaction. Your safety matters to us just like it matters to you. Here’s what you can expect during a duct cleaning:
- Open access ports or doors to clean and inspect the entire system.
- We’ll conduct a thorough check of the system before cleaning to ensure that asbestos-containing wraps aren’t present in the heating and cooling system. If there are asbestos-containing materials detected, that will require specialized procedures. It’s imperative that the area is not disturbed. Professionally trained contractors will be needed. It’s imperative for everybody’s safety.
- Utilize vacuum equipment that exhausts particles outside of the property or use high-efficiency air vacuuming equipment if it exhausts inside the property.
- We’ll be mindful of your home and protect the carpet and furnishings during the cleaning.
- We use well-controlled brushing on duct surfaces in conjunction with contact vacuum cleaning to dislodge dust and other accumulated debris.
- We only use soft-bristled brushes for fiberglass duct board and sheet metal ducts internally lined with fiberglass.
- We’ll take care to protect the duct work, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes that we used or had to make in the process. We’ll make sure that they are airtight.
Reading about this entire process should give you a better idea of what the process involves. So, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask if you have any concerns. We’re here to answer your questions if something seems out of place or if you notice anything different.
Call our staff of professionals today to conduct your seasonal duct inspection and to improve the overall air quality and safety of your home. We are ready to serve you and to provide you and your Bartlett home with all the duct cleaning services needed. Don’t hesitate. Call us to schedule your air duct cleaning today!!