Clogged Drains Hoffman Estates
Since people starting bringing water into their homes, they have looked for ways to get the water out of their home. Originally this was done by throwing the buckets of dirty water out the window, but as people started living closer and closer, this became a problem. With plumbing getting rid of the dirty water became easier, but clogs could form stopping the water from leaving your home. There are two ways to remove a clog from your pipes, break up or push the clog down the line. In Roman times a large wooden ball was placed in the sewers to use water pressure to push it down removing and buildup from within. Modern tools have made it easier and less risky to do the same. Be sure to follow us on Facebook for advice, tips, and money saving coupons!
Drain Rodding Hoffman Estates
Drain rodding is done by using rodders. Rodders are any kind of rigid or semi-rigid cable, which is inserted into the sewer line. Rodders work by either pushing a blockage out of a pipe or said blockage will get caught in the rod and pulled out.
Different types of rodders include:
- Sink auger, also known as a canister auger, drum auger, and hand spinners- This tool is a flexible cable that is coiled inside of a canister with a self-feeding auger bit on the end. Typically the canister is connected to a handle, and the canister has a knob to turn the rpd. The rod is pulled out manually, a set screw is tightened around the cable, and then the cable is inserted into the blocked line. The rod will then be turned to break up the blockage. This is a very easy tool to use and is great to clear out blockages in kitchen sinks, bathrooms, and bathtub drains that are not too far from the fixtures drain. Limitations for the sink auger are that the diameter of the rod is quite small so the pipe should also be small too. The drum only holds about 25 feet of rod, so if you have a blockage further than 25 feet in, this tool would be useless. This rodder is not meant to be used if you have a toilet blockage. The cable is not rigid enough or larger enough to take care of a toilet situation.
- Power sink auger- There are a few different types of power sink augers out there. The most basic model is a hand sink auger that has an attachment that can be attached to a standard speed drill. The more expensive handhelds are self-powered and may have the auto feed cables. Power sink augers also allow flexibility in regards to cable sis and head types for other types of blockages and larger pipes.
- Compact sectional power rod- There are different types of models you can choose from. Each rodder has different specs but they are designed to take care of medium-sized blockages. These machines are very rugged and are available with interchangeable heads that take care of different types of blockages.
- Kinetic water ram- This rodding tool uses compressed air to break apart any blockage you may have. You pull back the handle and then pull a trigger. You can use this tool on showers, kitchen sinks, laundry tubs, toilets, and bathtubs. The only drawback is that the compressed air comes out so fast, you may break or damage the fixture you are using it on. Make sure to read the instructions carefully.
- Tape rod- This is the most basic of all the rods. It is a coil that is made of semi-rigid steel that is flattened with a ball or plug on the end. It is used by pushing the rod through a blocked sewer line. The rod pushes and breaks apart the blockage. Tape rods come in different lengths all the way up to 100 feet. Tape rods have some limitations though. You can only use these rods on straight runs. They are not very rigid, so they are not able to make it around corners. Since they do not make it around corners, they are limited to the type of blockage you are trying to clear.
Drain Repair Hoffman Estates
Not all problems with drains involve clogs. Sometimes through pressure or other means, the walls of your drain can break, and when that occurs the water can spill out, or the outside can get in. Dirt and Tree roots are a common element from outside that can cause problems for your drain pipes. The only way to properly ensure that these do not become a problem is to dig up and replace the broken pipe with a new one. This can often be expensive and time-consuming. Using the right equipment and latest methods speeds this process up and makes the impact to your yard as minimal as possible.
Plumber Hoffman Estates
Having a reliable plumber is about trust. With over 30 years of experience helping people in Hoffman Estates with their plumbing problems. From plumbing and plumbing fixture installation to repair, Ray’s Plumbing and Heating can help you. Our success comes from quality service so that you won’t have to call us, or any other plumber, to fix what was wrong again. Being family owned and operated we know how important peace of mind is, which is why when you call us you can rest easy.