We offer gas and electric water heaters from a small 6-gallon tank to a commercial 120-gallon model. We service and replace all makes and models, specializing in both residential and commercial jobs.
Water heaters come in two different styles: tank and tankless. Both heat your water, but they do it in different ways. A tank style water heater stores a given amount of water, usually 40 to 50 gallons, and keeps it heated to the temperature you set it at, sending it along when you open the hot water tap. A tankless system doesn’t store the water and heats it only when you need it by means of a series of super-heated coils.
The most common residential water heater in Itasca, Il is a 40-gallon gas type. The new green waters are high efficiency tankless heaters. We offer several types of tankless water heater products and are specialists when it comes to converting a tank-type water heater to a tankless type.
Ways To Save On Your Itasca Water Bill:
- Limit shower time: If you cut time on your showers, you will be saving a lot of hot water in your Itasca home. Be sure to keep the fan on while you shower to control the steam in the bathroom.
- Take showers instead of baths. Take a shower instead of filling the bath with lots of hot water. Even a couple inches uses a lot of hot water.
- Don’t let water run. While you are brushing your teeth, be sure to turn the water off. Keeping it turned off will save you money on your water bill.
- Insulate. Insulate your water heater pipes and hot water tanks.
- Don’t run your dishwasher if it is not full. Wait until it is full to start a load to use less water.
- Upgrade to an energy efficient water heater! If your water heater is old, there is a good chance it’s not energy efficient. Upgrading to a new water heater will help reduce the cost of your Itacsa water bill.
- Use cold water. When doing laundry, use cold water as much as possible.
What You Should Know When Purchasing A New Water Heater
- Energy efficiency- Upgrading to a newer water heater that is more energy efficient will help lower the cost of your energy bills.
- Tank or tankless- You need to determine whether your house needs a tank or tankless water heater.
- Size- Choosing the right size water heater is important and the wrong one may not heat your homes water properly.
- Costs- It is a good idea to get a few estimates on different water heaters before deciding on a new one. Make sure you trust the company you are purchasing it from.
Electric vs. Gas Water Heaters
Gas water heaters use heat from burning fuel to heat water. Gas heaters are less energy efficient than electric. But, are faster to reheat the water tank than electric water heaters. Electric water heaters use electric water heater coils. Electric water heaters are energy efficient, but typically cost more then gas because electric is more expensive.
If this is something you are unsure of, call the professionals at Ray’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning. Our Professionals are highly trained and can help with any questions you have on water heaters. We can help determine which choice is better for your Itasca home and more energy efficient to save you money on your water bills. Call us today at: (847) 895-3430.
Proudly serving these areas since 1979
Schaumburg – Hoffman Estates – Streamwood – Roselle – Elk Grove Village – Bloomingdale – Glendale Heights – Itasca – Palatine – Arlington Heights – Elgin