Duct Cleaning in Elgin
In the Elgin area, many residents are have growing concerns about indoor air pollution. A lot of companies are marketing products and services to residents promising to improve indoor air quality. You’ve probably already received an advertisement, a coupon in your mailbox, or even been solicited directly by a company offering air ducts cleaning services to improve your home’s indoor air quality.
In general, duct cleaning involves the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems. These components consist of the supply and return air ducts and registers, heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, condensate drain pans (drip pans), fan motor and fan housing, diffusers and grilles, and the air handling unit housing. If installation is incorrect or regular maintenance has been neglected, these components can become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, or other various debris. If moisture is added into the equation, the potential for mold growth is significantly increased which is very problematic for many reasons. Harmful mold spores may be circulating throughout your home.
People inside the home may experience allergic reactions or other respiratory symptoms when they are exposed to the scattered particles. This is all the more reason why you should call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating. We’ll clean all components of your home’s system so your family can breathe easier and healthier. Our highly-trained team of experts are skilled and have experience working with all of the major leading brand systems. We have specialized equipment specifically designed to dislodge built up dirt and debris from inside the ducts. Next, we’ll vacuum out and dispose of the debris.
If mold is detected inside of your home’s ducts, we may apply a chemical specifically formulated to kill the mold contaminants. This chemical will be applied to the inside of the duct work and the system components associated with the duct work.
It’s hard to estimate how duct cleaning can be of a benefit to every Elgin home because it isn’t an exact science. Each home condition is different. Therefore, it’s difficult to generalize about whether or not it would be helpful to you and your Elgin home. It’s common for the return register to be dusty as dust-laden air is pulled through the gate, but this doesn’t always meant that your air ducts are full of heavy accumulations of dust or debris. Registers can easily be removed and vacuumed.
Bearing that in mind, there is something you should look for that could mean that it’s time to get your ducts inspected and cleaned. If your household members have unusual or unexplained symptoms or illnesses, it could have something to do with your home’s indoor air quality. Don’t put it off. Call Ray’s Plumbing and Heating to inspect your vents and ducts for potentially harmful debris accumulations.
It’s advised that homes with fuel burning furnaces should be inspected for proper functioning and be serviced before each heating season to reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. We routinely will check for this during the duct inspection.
What to Expect From a Duct Cleaning
At Ray’s Plumbing and Heating, we want set a high standard and exceed your expectations. Your home’s safety is important to us just as it is important to you. You can expect the following during a duct cleaning:
- Open access ports or doors to clean and inspect the entire system.
- We’ll perform a complete check of the system before cleaning it to ensure there aren’t any asbestos-containing wraps in the heating and cooling system. If asbestos-containing materials are present, their handling will require strict procedures. It’s of the upmost importance that the area is not disturbed. Action from professionally trained contractors will be required for everybody’s safety.
- Use specialized vacuum equipment that exhausts particles outside the home or use high-efficiency air vacuuming equipment if it exhausts inside the home.
- We’ll be mindful of your home’s property and protect the carpet and furnishings during the cleaning.
- We use well-controlled brushing on duct surfaces to work in conjunction with contact vacuum cleaning to dislodge dust and other accumulated particles and debris.
- We’re mindful to only use soft-bristled brushes for fiberglass duct board and sheet metal ducts internally lined with fiberglass.
- We’ll protect the duct work, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes that we used or needed to make in the cleaning process. We’ll make sure that they are airtight.
Learning about this whole process should give you a pretty thorough idea of what the duct cleaning process involves, but if you have questions, just ask us because we’re here to answer your questions and concerns if something seems out of place or if you notice something odd.
Call our staff of professionals now and we’ll perform a seasonal duct inspection on your home. It will improve your home’s overall air quality and safety. We are ready to serve you and your Elgin home with all of the duct cleaning services it needs. Don’t wait to call us now to schedule your home’s air duct cleaning!!